One of my husband’s hates is fast food burgers, and he in fact refuses to eat them. Having said that, he loves them when homemade. When I noticed we still had some homemade burger buns in the freezer from the last time, he was absolutely delighted to learn that we were going to have chicken burgers for dinner. It is also especially suitable food for days when watching The World Cup. For the chicken preparation, I’ve used the same technique as I use for my Wiener Schnitzel click here for recipe. I beat the chicken breasts to be thinner, and one breast will serve 2-3 people.
2 burger buns
1 large chicken breast
1/2 dl plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 dl breadcrumbs
Garnishes to your liking: cheese, lettuce, gherkin, tomatoes, mayonnaise, tomato ketchup, red onion
1. Chop your garnishes to be ready, and set aside.
2. On one plate, mix the flour and all the spices together well. On another plate, put one beaten egg, and on a third plate put 1/2 dl of the breadcrumbs. Keep the rest of the breadcrumbs at hand, as you will need to add more during the chicken preparation.
3. Place the chicken breast in a bag (I use a medium re-sealable freezer bag). Beat the breast until wanted thickness, about 1 centimetre (around half an inch). Cut the beaten breast to pieces.
4. First, place the pieces on the flour – spice mixture, followed by the egg, and last the breadcrumbs. On each stage, coat both sides. I tend to use one hand for moving the pieces through the stages, and use the clean, dry hand at the last stage.
5. Place most of the butter in a frying pan, and once melted place the prepared chicken pieces in, frying in medium – high temperature for about 5 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken, add the rest of the butter, once melted fry the burger buns for couple of minutes on the cut side.
6. Build your burgers and enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Chicken burgers”
What a wonderful chicken burger recipe!
LikeLiked by 1 person