This recipe makes wonderfully flavoursome sauce for your pasta. There isn’t much cooking effort to be made, the most time is spent chopping the ingredients. Depends on your portion sizes, this could serve 2-4 people.
1 celery stick
3 spring onions (or 1 onion)
5 chestnut mushrooms
4 cloves of garlic
juice of 1 lemon (or 2 tbsp if not using fresh lemons)
100ml white wine (I use Sauvignon Blanc)
150g plum tomatoes
200ml creme fraiche
small bunch of dill
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook your preferred pasta.
2. Finely chop the celery and onions. Slice the mushrooms, and peel and squeeze the garlic. Fry in the olive oil for 5 minutes.
3. Add the white wine, lemon juice and mussels, and boil, covered with a lid, for 5 minutes.
4. Then add the creme fraiche, halved plum tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper and add the dill.
5. Add the cooked pasta to you sauce, mix well together and warm through. Enjoy with some additional Parmesan cheese.