I have two recipes for carrot cake that I use. As both of them are nice, my dilemma was which one to post. I’ve decided that I will post one as I, and next time I’m making carrot cake I’ll make the other recipe as II.
1 1/2 dl caster sugar
1/2 dl chopped hazelnuts
2 1/2 dl self raising flour
1 dl oat bran
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla sugar
1 tbsp orange juice
1 dl olive oil
1 dl buttermilk
1. Peel and finely grate the carrots.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together.
3. Whisk the eggs and sugar together until foamy, fluffy texture, then carefully add the dry ingredients.
4. Add the carrots and all the other remaining ingredients.
5. Pour the cake batter on a flat based cake tin (If you use a tin, you may want to butter it first. I use a silicon cake mold, which doesn’t require buttering). The batter will appear very runny at this stage, but will be nice and fluffy once cooked.
6. Bake in the low part of a preheated oven 170°C / 340°F for about 50 minutes.