My inspiration for putting this dish together is from the Spanish omelette. My husband wanted omelette for breakfast, and as I happened to have some chorizo in the fridge for another dish, I thought I would make this omelette version. I think all these flavours go really well together.
1 chorizo sausage, cut into pieces
1 medium potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
handful of parsley, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
5 cherry tomatoes, chopped
small piece of leek, finely chopped
small piece of red pepper, chopped into small pieces
small splash of milk
1. Prepare all the ingredients.
2. Melt the butter in a pan. For this particular omelette, I use a wok pan. Place the potato cubes and chorizo into the pan, and fry, stirring, for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. During this time, whisk the eggs and milk together. Season the eggs with salt and pepper too.
3. Add the garlic, pepper and leek, and fry for couple of minutes.
4. Next, add the tomato, and stir into the mixture. Then add the parsley and stir it in too.
5. Pour the eggs into the pan. At the beginning, keep stirring it, breaking the hardening texture. Lower the temperature, and let cook for about 5 minutes, undisturbed. You will have more runny, uncooked texture on the edges. With a spatula, start pushing the edges towards the centre. You may want to drain some excess juices off at the end, before serving.